Moonbug Photography is Going Green
I have always been environmentally conscience. When I was a third grade teacher my fellow teachers nicknamed me "Nature Girl." I try to instill a love of nature and respect for the earth in my kids. We compost, don't use chemicals on our lawn, use washable/reusable containers in the lunchboxes, recycle paper, glass and plastic, use florescent light bulbs, etc... So, it was only natural for me to take Moonbug Photography in that same direction. Here is my environmental mission statement that I submitted to Greener Photography, an organization dedicated to helping photographers become "green." Moonbug Photography is committed to preserving and protecting the natural environment. Protecting the environment and conserving natural resources is not only personally important to us, it is imperative to the continued success of our business.
- We communicate electronically, eliminating most printed material.
- We print double-sided on re-used and/or recycled paper.
- We refuse, reduce, re-use, recycle everything possible.
- We practice water, waste and energy conservation.
- We are actively seeking products that have the lowest impact on the environment possible.
- We offer press printed products on 100% PCW recycled paper from a press powered by wind energy.